Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone.

Happy New Year to you all.

It's been awhile since I've posted.  The reasons are many, so I shall not go into them.  Regardless, I am back posting.

I have been able to do some additional research in the meantime.  I have added data from the 1932 - 1939 NFL seasons to my database.  I have also added the 1946-1949 AAFC seasons to the database as well as the 1960-1969 AFL seasons.  And of course, updated for the just concluded 2009 NFL season.

I think that adding the data from the AAFC in the late 1940's as well as the AFL during the 1960's makes for a much richer database.  There are those however, who do not believe that including that data makes sense.  I disagree.

Having spent some time thinking about my pursuit here (creating a new passer rating system for the NFL), I've created new statistical measures in addition to those I created last year that I will discuss in upcoming posts.  I've also improved upon my original concept of CMI.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back posting and look forward to a terrific 2010.

Cheers,
Kiran

No comments: